FP Mailing Solutions, a subsidiary of Francotyp-Postalia (Berlin, Germany), is committed to protecting your privacy and security. This Privacy Statement describes the information we collect from you on the FP Mailing Customer Portal (discoverFP), whether accessed via computer, mobile device or other technology, and how that information is used.
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY, BECAUSE BY USING DISCOVERFP, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, AND CONSENT TO THE MANNER IN WHICH WE MAY COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE THE FOREGOING INFORMATION.
How We Collect Information
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you provide information to us
2. when information is collected automatically
Information you provide to us through discoverfp
The type of information you may provide us includes:
- Contact information, including your name, company name, address, telephone number
- Login/credentials (such as username and password) for accessing discoverFP
- Unique identifying information about your FP account and/or equipment, including postage meter serial number and your FP customer account number
- Payment information, including credit card number and expiration date
- Bank information for processing direct debit and/or electronic check payments
Credit card number security
When you enter a credit card number into a form on discoverFP, the number is encrypted by industry-standard 1028-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. The number may then be transmitted securely to FP’s third-party payment processing service.
FP stores only the last four digits of your credit card number on our own servers. Since we do not store your complete number, in the unlikely event that our servers were exposed to an outside party (e.g. hacker), your credit card account would not be jeopardized.
FP is certified and compliant with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standard, which is a widely accepted set of policies and procedures intended to optimize the security of credit card transactions.
Information we collect automatically when you visit discoverFP
We use (place in your browser) cookies to automatically collect general non-personal information when you visit the discoverFP website.
The type of information we may collect automatically includes:
- Internet browser type
- Computer type
- IP address*
- Approximate geographical location
- Operating system
- Webpages visited
- Links clicked
- Date and time of visits
*An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) so you can access the internet. Some ISPs assign a new IP address every time you access the Internet while other ISPs assign you the same number every time you access the Internet. In instances when you are assigned the same IP address, it is possible for information about your browsing habits to be associated with your individual personal computer.
This information helps us provide a better website experience by diagnosing problems with our servers, evaluating Portal navigation and better understanding the demographics of our Customer Portal users so we can provide more relevant functionality and content.
How we collect information automatically
If you would prefer not to accept Cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (I) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a Cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (II) disable existing Cookies; or (III) set your browser to automatically reject any Cookies.
Please be aware that if you disable or reject Cookies, some features and services on our Customer Portal may not work properly or as conveniently. For example, Cookies are required to automatically log you into discoverFP when you return from a previous visit.
Google Analytics. We use web analytics tools such as Google Analytics to assist us in understanding how people use discoverFP.
How we use information
We may store, analyze and otherwise use the information we collect to:
- Improve discoverFP;
- Respond to your questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about your transactions, and our products and services;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Communicate with you about your account and other matters, and in our discretion, changes to and FP policy that may affect you;
- Enforce this Privacy Statement, including to protect the rights, property or safety of FP, its dealers, parent, affiliates, or any other person and the copyright-protected content of discoverFP;
- Support the technical functionality of discoverFP;
- Process your transactions on discoverFP; and
- As otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement.
We may use financial information or payment method information to process payment for products and/or services, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business. By submitting your credit card or banking information and related personal information, you are authorizing us to give that information to our payment processor.
Sharing your information
FP does not share your personal information with any third parties with the following exceptions:
- Banks and payment services directly involved with customer transactions.
- We may share aggregate anonymous information (such as that collected by analytics software) with our parent company and/or subsidiaries.
- We may share your personal information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Customer Terms and Conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How we safeguard your information
When you submit information through discoverFP, you should be aware that your information is transmitted across multiple computer systems on the Internet. Although we take steps to protect your information, data security technologies constantly are evolving. Because no method of transmitting or storing electronic data on the Internet is ever completely secure, we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Statement.
Please remember not to send your credit card numbers, social security, or any personal passwords through unsecured email under any circumstances. Also remember not to share your account password, don’t leave your computer unattended, and for maximum security log-out when you are done using it.
Terms of information retention
We are under no obligation to store your personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Third Party links
We may also provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with FP on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
discoverFP is not currently configured to recognize “do not track” signals sent as a header by Internet browsers. However, other settings within your browser may permit you to block cookies or other technology that enable websites to collect information that can be used to tailor advertisements to your interest. Please check your browser’s settings or consult your browser’s help information for more details.
Right to modify this privacy statement
FP reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time at its sole discretion. If we modify the Privacy Statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date. In the event we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, FP will notify you through discoverFP prior to the changes taking effect. Please note that if you do not agree to the modified Privacy Statement, you may not use discoverFP.
Communicating with us about this privacy statement
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please Contact Us.
FP Mailing Solutions
140 N. Mitchell Ct. #200
Addison, IL 60101